University of Kaiserslautern-Landau (RPTU)
Paul-Ehrlich-Straße 36, Room 415
67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)631 205 5581
My current main focus is the machine code based automatic differentiation tool Derivgrind, which I have implemented using the dynamic binary instrumentation framework Valgrind. This novel approach allows to differentiate cross-language and partially closed-source computer programs with little manual intervention. Specifically, I am motivated by the goal to provide derivatives of realistic Monte-Carlo particle simulators like Geant4 for the detector optimization undertaking of the MODE collaboration.
Besides, I develop proton computed tomography software for the Bergen pCT/SIVERT project and assist in teaching the scientific computing lecture. Previously, I have worked on the modelling of porous materials in the computational fluid dynamics suite SU2.
- Quantification and Visualization of Uncertainties in CT Reconstruction (with Viktor Leonhardt), 7th Annual Loma Linda Workshop, 03.08.2021, virtual, website
- How to use the Python/C API, SIVERT “Nice Tools” Colloquium, 20.09.2021, virtual
- Debugging C++ Code with GDB and Valgrind, SIVERT “Nice Tools” Colloquium, 25.04.2022, virtual
- Introduction to Tomographic RSP Reconstruction and Review of Existing Straight-Ray CT Codes and Architecture of a New Proton CT Code, Workshop “Recent Developments in Proton Computed Tomography”, 09.06.2022, Bergen, Norway
- Design of a Modular CT Reconstruction Framework, 8th Annual Loma Linda Workshop, 18.07.2022, virtual, website
- Towards Algorithmic Differentiation of GATE/Geant4, Second MODE Workshop on Differentiable Programming for Experiment Design, 13.09.2022, Colymbari, Greece, website
- Forward-Mode Automatic Differentiation of Compiled Programs, Scientific Computing Seminar, 03.11.2022, Kaiserslautern, Germany, website
- Forward-Mode Automatic Differentiation of Compiled Programs, Modern Applied and Computational Mathematics Seminar, 01.02.2023, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany
- Reverse-Mode Automatic Differentiation of Compiled Programs, Scientific Computing Seminar, 02.02.2023, Kaiserslautern, Germany, website
- AD of Compiled Programs with Derivgrind, 25th European Workshop on AD (EuroAD), 14.06.2023, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France, website, slides
- Differentiating GATE/Geant4 with Derivgrind, Differentiable and Probabilistic Programming for Fundamental Physics, 16.06.2023, Munich Institute for Astro-, Particle and Bio-Physics, Garching/Munich, Germany, website, slides
- Differentiating GATE/Geant4 with Derivgrind, Third MODE Workshop on Differentiable Programming for Experiment Design, 24.07.2023, Princeton University, U.S., website, slides
- Differentiating GATE/Geant4 with Derivgrind, NHR Conference ’23, 18.09.2023, Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany
- Differentiating GATE/Geant4 with Derivgrind, ALICE FSP Meeting, 27.09.2023, Lichtenfels-Schney, Germany
- Detecting ‘Bit-Tricks’ in Compiled Programs with Derivgrind , 26th European Workshop on AD (EuroAD), 04.12.2023, Aachen, Germany
In: Physics in Medicine and Biology, 2023.
In: Phys. Med. Biol., vol. 68, no. 194001, 2023.
Integrating Enzyme-generated functions into CoDiPack Miscellaneous
In: Reviews in Physics, 2023.
The Bergen proton CT system Journal Article
In: Journal of Instrumentation, vol. 18, no. 2, 2023.
Derivatives in Proton CT Miscellaneous
arXiv: 2202.05551v1, 2022.
In: Acta Oncologica, 1-6, 2021.