CoDiPack is a C++-library that enables the computation of gradients in computer programs using Algorithmic Differentiation. It is based on the Operator Overloading approach and uses static polymorphism and expression templates, resulting in an extremely fast evaluation of adjoints or forward derivatives. It is specifically designed with HPC applications in mind.
- Reverse and Forward mode derivatives.
- Jacobian and primal value taping approaches.
- Higher order derivatives.
- Vector mode.
- Various index management schemes:
- Linear: C memory operation compatible
- Reuse: Improved vector mode performance
- MPI communication using MeDiPack.
- OpenMP parallelism using OpDiLib.
- External function interface.
Ease of access structures:
- Jacobian and hessian helper: Compute derivatives for small functions objects e.g. lambda functions
- Preaccumulation: Optimize memory for small functions.
- External functions: Removes the need to understand internal CoDiPack structures for external functions
- Higher order access: Simplified access to higher order derivatives
If you use CoDiPack in one of your applications and write a paper it would be nice if you could cite one of the following papers:
High-Performance Derivative Computations using CoDiPack Journal Article
In: ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS), vol. 45, no. 4, 2019.
In: Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 33, no. 4-6, pp. 1207-1231, 2018.
This is a list of institutions which use CoDiPack:
- National institutions (Germany):
- BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Bosch Germany
- DLR Köln
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Hochschule Coburg
- Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- MTU Aero Engines
- OTH Regensburg
- RWTH Aachen
- TU Berlin
- TU Braunschweig
- TU Darmstadt
- TU Dresden
- TU München
- Universität Heidelberg
- Universität Kassel
- Universität Paderborn
- Universität Siegen
- Universität der Bundeswehr München
- International institutions:
- Bosch LLC Research and Technology Center North America
- California Institute of Technology
- Delft University of Technology
- Imperial College London
- James Madison University
- Lab. of New Concepts in Aeronautics at Tech. Institute of Aeronautics.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Polytechnic University of Milan
- Stanford University
- University of California
- University of Liege
- University of Twente